Google acquires company behind top iOS photo app Snapseed

Jos

TS Evangelist
Google today revealed it has agreed to buy Nik Software, a German company that makes photo editing applications for amateur and professional photographers. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed, but according to The Verge, the acquisition was centered...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/50182-google-acquires-company-behind-top-ios-photo-app-snapseed.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

Alvaro

TS Rookie
Hopefully Silver Efex keeps going strong, but I'm afraid Google is not interested in pro software.

G

They are also behind Nikon's Capture NX software, and Nikon have made capital investment in them in the past too, so I wonder if Nikon and Google will start a co-operation too ?

Alvaro

TS Rookie
They are also behind Nikon's Capture NX software, and Nikon have made capital investment in them in the past too, so I wonder if Nikon and Google will start a co-operation too ?
Err, I'd rather Adroid stayed away from my DSLR; good thing Apple didn't get to them sooner, I guess.

wcbert

TS Rookie
I was not happy to read about this. I have many of Nik Software's products to "enhance" my photographs in Lightroom/Photoshop. I really do not believe Google has any interest in Lightroom/Photoshop as this software is not for the masses, but for photographers.

If you have ever dealt with Nik Software as a company you will know how friendly their customer support is and how they go out of the way to help the "photographer" community.

I have a google phone and Snapseed on my IPad. But still I do not want to edit my raw files on IPad.