Google Chrome will not bring up my home page

deank

Hi ,
I have been using chrome for a while,now it will not bring my home page up. (my.yahoo.com)
it works on I.E. .
chrome comes up with-
[FONT=arial][CENTER]Sorry, the page you requested was not found.[/CENTER][/FONT]

I went to the settings it seems right.
I don't know what to do ,please help.
not sure what is going on.
the same thing started happening on my desktop computer a few weeks ago,its old so I paid no attention.
Now it is doing it on my laptop,I prefer chrome.
thanks for any help you may have

If you're using the latest version, click the 3 horizontal bars top right & go to settings & click it.
Where it says on start up,go here [FONT=Segoe UI]Open a specific page or set of pages.[/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI] [/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI]Set pages[/FONT]
& make sure you put your homepage URL in there.
Below that, make sure Show Home Button is checked. Good luck.

Hi, I just checked you home page, it is there !
You say you can see it in I.E., so if you check in your Chrome browser options, for the 'homepage' option, try changing it to another, different website, and see if it goes to that page when you open Chrome.
If it does, then retype the 'my.yahoo.com' URL back into the Chrome 'homepage' option, test again.
It's a fairly common 'trick' that malware can do to your browser, and it's easy to change back to your preferred homepage.
Otherwise the simplest way out may be to uninstall Chrome and reinstall it.
Also, if you don't yet have CCleaner, I would suggest to install it and run it.

If you're using the latest version, click the 3 horizontal bars top right & go to settings & click it.
Where it says on start up,go here [FONT=Segoe UI]Open a specific page or set of pages.[/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI]Set pages[/FONT]
& make sure you put your homepage URL in there.
Below that, make sure Show Home Button is checked. Good luck.

Exactly :D.

Hi, I just checked you home page, it is there !
You say you can see it in I.E., so if you check in your Chrome browser options, for the 'homepage' option, try changing it to another, different website, and see if it goes to that page when you open Chrome.
If it does, then retype the 'my.yahoo.com' URL back into the Chrome 'homepage' option, test again.
It's a fairly common 'trick' that malware can do to your browser, and it's easy to change back to your preferred homepage.
Otherwise the simplest way out may be to uninstall Chrome and reinstall it.
Also, if you don't yet have CCleaner, I would suggest to install it and run it.
Mind explaining how you can tell how you did this "Hi, I just checked you home page, it is there !"?
I think I know what you mean, but it sounds like you're at his/her pc.:confused:

Hi learninmypc, What I was trying to do was 1) Checking that the website was actually there today, it could have been down,
and 2) checking that the URL was correct (it's does not have the www in the address and it might have been fooling the browser..maybe)
and 3) I was trying to get 'deank' to find out if that homepage had been blocked on their pc (Hosts file) or if the page had been changed by malware in 'Chrome' options.... but we will find out when they reply!

Hi learninmypc, What I was trying to do was 1) Checking that the website was actually there today, it could have been down,
and 2) checking that the URL was correct (it's does not have the www in the address and it might have been fooling the browser..maybe)
and 3) I was trying to get 'deank' to find out if that homepage had been blocked on their pc (Hosts file) or if the page had been changed by malware in 'Chrome' options.... but we will find out when they reply!
Ok, thats what I figured. Just checking & thanks.:)

Back