Google Drive?

learninmypc

Why am I receiving filehippo updates for it when I don't even use it? Isn't it a program for saving files in the cloud? Any input is appreciated because I have no intention of updating it since I don't/won't use it.:)

See if you have anything running from filehippo on your system. Check install apps, also download process explorer and see if anything running.

See if you have anything running from filehippo on your system. Check install apps, also download process explorer and see if anything running.
I use the filehippo updater almost daily,but I get my updates from TechSpot
Got a link for process explorer or does TS have it also?
Ok, I just downloaded it from TS

If you are not using google drive . Why update. Just uninstall it. It just something extra running on your system.

If you are not using google drive . Why update. Just uninstall it. It just something extra running on your system.
Indeed. Why waste the resources if you don't have to.

Allmyapps is another program that gives you access to all software for windows the only issue with programs like these they tend to hide update managers on your system. You can check to see what's trying to load when you boot your system using msconfig or JetClean has neat startup manager which allows you disable or delete them.

if you have services that are loaded or if you want to get rid of you can [FONT=helvetica]sc delete service_name[/FONT]

Ok, problem solved. Evidently it installed when I downloaded something else. I've uninstalled it from Programs & Features, thank you. :)

Back