Google hasn't helped, just added to the confusion. DV1000 memory upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameJunkie72792

I just received two sticks of PC2700 DDR for this HP Pavillion DV1000.

The computer takes PC2700 DDR, I ordered identical sticks, got them today and they don't fit.

Side by the pin count is IDENTICAL but the notch after the short row of pins is off ever so slightly, just enough to throw off how the memory fits.

What should I do? Should I make it work, I know its the same the pin count is correct and the speed is identical to the old sticks.

Everything I find on google confirms this is the correct memory for this computer.

I need to get this computer back to the customer, after a week of waiting it becomes annoying.

EDIT* The possibility of this being DDR2 is large, but according to everything I've found, and the sticks I removed, the computer is running DDR

EDIT* Solved, turns out contrary to what HP support, Crucial memory configurator, and the Kingston memory configurator says this laptop takes 200 Pin DDR2, luckily I had a stick lying around. I should have went on what I know and not what I read.

If you bought the memory from Crucial or any other honorable retailer, they will take back the incorrect memory... and/or trade it for what you need. It is good to have matched pairs of memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back