Google links being redirected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I read the 8 step thread and I was able to run cleaner. SuperAntiSpyware, malware, and hijack this have all been downloaded but will not run. When I double click on the shortcuts nothing happens. Except for superAntiSpyware, that has a box saying the application had an error and must quit. Ad-aware keeps finding the problem but even when I chose delete it comes back.

I am not sure what to do next.

Thanks
Brian

It's amazing how many people are getting this redirector lately. This virus is a rootkit. Combofix should take care of it. Please be sure to read these directions fully before downloading:

Shut off system restore:
Right-click My Computer, select Properties, click on the system restore tab, put a check next to "turn off system restore on all drives", Click Apply, then OK. Im assuming your running Windows XP.

When saving combofix to your PC, rename it to 123.com so malware won't disable it. Launch combofix (now titled 123.com), allow it to download and install the Recovery Console if it prompts you. Once the scan starts, DO NOT TOUCH YOUR PC, clicking anywhere while combofix is running is enough to make your system become non-responsive. Be forewarned that combofix will make your desktop dissapear and will also reboot your PC as needed. This is normal.

Download here:
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5587-combofix.html
or here:
http://www.forospyware.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe

Once combofix has run, run SAS, MBAM and HJT...post all 4 logs when done please.

HJT log looks clean, seems like MBAM and SAS mopped up the remnants. Could you post your combofix log? Are you still being redirected?

I try to open combofix but it says mcafee virus scan is still running and whenever i open up the security center it pops up for like 2 seconds and then it closes. Even when windows starts up it doesn't appear in the bottom right. Can you please help me fix this?

Looks good

The combofix never actually finshed. It kept getting stuck on 4 and would not go any higher. However it did enough to let me run the other programs. I am no longer being redirected. Thank you so much for your help.

Brian

I have a question about this as well, my links are being redirected.

I am not familiar with running processes on my computer such as hijackthis or combofix. Some of the websites that I would use to download them say that I should have someone who knows what they are doing do it for me, etc. Are they safe for me to use? My worry is that I will mess up something that needs to be there and my normal computing will get messed up.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back