Google Redirect Problem: Am I Cured? (Logs attached)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOSG

So, I recently came down with a dreaded Google Redirect bug. A description of the problem and logs can be found in my original topic, here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic140876.html. I was waiting for feedback before I tried any major fixes, but earlier today, Avast spotted and contained a Trojan. Since then, the problem appears to be gone.

Of course, this all seems to be a bit too easy, so I want to make sure that the problem is really gone before I go back to using this system. I've attached logs that I just took, and I'd really appreciate it if someone here can take a look and let me know if it seems like I'm clean, or if there's more to disinfect.

Also, what are the best ways to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again?

Thanks for any help that you can provide!

EDIT: I forgot to attach the logs, because I am brilliant like that. Here they are.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    9.4 KB · Views: 2
  • mbam-log-2010-01-09 (23-11-35).txt
    868 bytes · Views: 2
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 01-09-2010 - 23-31-50.log
    629 bytes · Views: 2
Thanks for helping me out, Tmagic. I ran the ESET scan and it didn't detect any problems. Should I consider this a clean bill of health, or is there more that I should check up on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back