Google search disabled on all browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i have a problem with my firefox/ie browser, im unable to use google or yahoo search. When i try to search for something, it takes 4ever too load and will never successfully load. Im juz wondering if this is a common trojan and if there is a easy fix. I tried scanning with AVG 8 and webroot spysweeper but both did not solve the problem so im hoping that i can recieve some assistence here, ty

It would help us to be able to look at a log of what is on your system

Highjackthis Instructions
  • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.0.2) it can be downloaded from HERE
  • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. Please don't change the directory.
  • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
  • After the scan is complete please attach your log onto the forums using the paper clip icon above your reply.

My name is Blind Dragon and I will be helping you with your Malware problem. During the course of our interactions please be sure to follow all instructions carefully, and ask questions if you are unsure of how to proceed at any point.

Please have a read here-> Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

If you decide to clean your system please follow these Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 3.

1)MBAM log
2)Combofix log
3)Hijackthis log (Step 15)

This thread is for the use of junxuan only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Additional instructions:
With this specific infection please run in step 10 -> tool 1 -> smitfraudfix -> option 1 -> attach rapport.txt here with the others

umm..i think i screwed up at combo fix...it was rebooting but after 15mins it still did not so i force shutdown my laptop...now i seem to have a problem restarting my com

nvm ill juz go for a reformat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back