Google Street View updated to include airports and train stations

Justin Kahn

google street view

Google's Street View has been updated today, expanding to include a number of different airports, train stations, and subway stops from around the world.

Street View is great for checking out your future holiday destinations or just curiously exploring a part of the world you are interested in, whether it be exotic European cities or national parks across the US, and now Google has added 16 airports and 50 different train stations and subway stops to its interactive maps service.

The various new airport and train station interiors are only the first part of Google's efforts, the company says we should expect the support for these types of virtual destinations to expand. Some notable locations include Manchester Piccadilly Station, Eindhoven Airport in the Netherlands, and the Taipei Train Station. We are yet to see any North American transit locations outside of Mexico's International Airport (Aeropuerto Internacional de la ciudad de Mexico).

As you can see in the image above of Japan's New Chitose Airport, the new transit interiors work very much like what you are used to. You can take a look at some of the airports and subway stops for yourself on Google's Street View transit locator map.

Permalink to story.

I'm pleased Google is always updating their maps. I don't know what I'd do without them these days although I only ever use them for GPS navigation. I couldn't care less about the exotic locations, restaurants, hotels etc.

Back