GPU card HDMI mini dont work

harry66

Hi everyone , anyone have any idea whats up with my video card ?
I purchase a used evga gtx 650 ti 1 gig with a single fan last year and the hdm mini doesnt work .
it did go like a glossy blue screen , so I plug in to dvi and works fine . I also ad a hdmi adapter to the dvi to go on my tv and works great with no issues .
When originally plug in hdmi wire reg to a hdmi mini adapter to go on the gpu got that blue screen , maybe its damage ?? or the new adapter no good ?? or bad drivers ??
I recently tried it again on another computer and only works through the dvi only . the hdmi mini has no reading to the monitor , I tried pushing it in harder or firmer but got no luck .
Overall its a great card im using it as a back up for now but wish I knew whats wrong with this hdmi mini lemon lol , any ideas out there Thanks

The CLASSIC hdmi install is:
  • power off the PC
  • select the proper HDMI port on the TV
  • and then connect the PC to it
  • now power-on the PC
the pc-tv will sync and install the proper HDMI driver on the PC

Thanks for that , in other words its possible its not the drivers . there still something faulty , the card itself or the adapter mini to regular hdmi or bios setting or something I dont know ,but thanks

I thought I was clear - the first use of pc-hdmi needs to load the driver. That's done at pc boot time

BTW: the driver issue applies when connecting the PC--TV directly and only with HDMI cable, no DVI adapter at either end.

BTW: the driver issue applies when connecting the PC--TV directly and only with HDMI cable, no DVI adapter at either end.
Ive been using a reg hdmi cable to hdmi adapter mini to the gpu and it dont work , but it works with hdmi reg cable to dvi adapter to the dvi on the gpu only . The questions is I guess is the gpu faulty ?? . I suppose if I buy a wire for it and see what happens , but I rather not , im trying to stay away from hdmi mini .im thinking of selling it , but I want to be honest to the buyer about if there a issue on it or not . The card works very well , but I dont need it since I got upgrade and I was keeping it as a spare for back up.Im trying to save $20 on a wire that I might not need for a $50 gpu that im not on planning to keep , hope I didnt go on to much lol thanks cheers

Ive been using
  • a reg hdmi cable to hdmi adapter mini to the gpu and it dont work
  • it works with hdmi reg cable to dvi adapter to the dvi on the gpu only .
The questions is I guess is the gpu faulty ??
This says the DVI port is fine but the HDMI is in question.
Assuming your PC has the right driver for HDMI (aka the connection works for other devices), then it's a bad cable. If the PC has never connected to any HDMI device, then there's a question of drivers.

then it's a bad cable.

There is your main problem it has nothing to do with the driver, he could test that hdmi cable just to make sure its faulty elsewhere.
Harry what os are you currently running, also is it 32bit or 64bit version ?

There is your main problem it has nothing to do with the driver, he could test that hdmi cable just to make sure its faulty elsewhere.
Harry what os are you currently running, also is it 32bit or 64bit version ?
im running win 7 64 bit , the hdmi cable is a regular size at both ends and work fine when applied to a reg hdmi gpu , but on the gtx 650 ti I have to put a adapter mini hdmi and its new and it never work for me, the first time the results hook up to the mini it was blurry and blue , then tried reg hdmi reg to dvi and work fine . then unistalled it , then I got a blank black screen with no reading of hdmi , then went the dvi route and was able to run fine . thanks for you time and suggestions to you and the forum .

Since you bought that GTX650TI used I would imagine the past owner had a problem with it he failed to mention.
https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/132838
Use this driver provided directly from nvidia, no windows update driver crap or 3rd party mom and pops driver from the internet.
Now since you mentioned the dvi connector still works fine.
If you want to drop by best buy or walmart next week.
Pick up a dvi to hdmi cable and use it for your pc, I had to do this with my pny gtx 750 ti.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014I8UU2W/?tag=httpwwwtechsp-20
So if the mini hdmi port doesn't work atleast you have a functioning dvi connector to use.

Problem Resolved thanks alot for the feedback guys .
Yes the previous owner didnt tell me nothing .all along it was the cable , but the cable is still good for regular size hdmi , ad on adapters to mini was junk .Before I purchase the cable I did do a latest driver update and actually help it was working but with some static , then I bought a cable at Walmart and runs Perfect .Thanks again , and maybe this may help someone else thats to cheep to buy a cable lol , Cheers

Back