GPU fails to send signal to monitor most of the time

After getting a new mobo my GPU fails to send signal to the monitor ( pc boots up perfectly , I can even hear the windows loading sound) When I connect the cable to the onboard CPU graphics , the monitor works fine . At first I thought my GPU fried but after restarting my pc 10-20 times it gives signal to the monitor while being connected to the GPU and works perfectly until the next pc startup . Each time I start my computer I have to restart it 10-20 times for the monitor to receive signal. What could be the problem here?

Before we get into that some system specs would help alot.
1. Mobo and cpu brand/model number.
2. Ram model number
3. PSU name and model number.
4. Computer case name and model number.

While you get us that, pluck your gpu right back out, plug in the hdmi/vga cable to the onboard.
Next you power on the machine with the side door off, boot into the bios.
Does everything work fine, if so proceed here and read the thread apply what you know and apply it to the bios settings.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...mary-gpu-bios.html+&cd=15&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Noob question but is your motherboard set to pick up your gpu card correctly? it could be set to display the onboard graphics instead of the dedicated card possibly. make sure every cable on your psu is seated correctly. disconnecting and reseating them can help if you're unsure. also make sure the cables on the gpu are properly seated. try a bios update

Back