GPU problem

Hello, I used to be a member here a long time ago, but I forgot my old e-mail so I had to create a new account. Here's my story/question....

In April 2013, I bought a PC (Intel Core i7-3770) that came with a GeForce GTX 650 2 GB and used it for 2 years with no problem, until I decided to get a new GPU. I purchased the GeForce GTX 970 SC 4 GB and every so often my PC would restart only in-game. I changed my settings to not automatically restart on error and to write minidump files but my PC never does, it just reboots in game. I monitored my temps and my card never overheated and my PC was cool all the time. I've put the 650 back in for now and no problems so far. Is the 970 I bought too much for this power supply or motherboard? Should I exchange it for an 800 series? any help would be appreciated

mobo: Gigabyte GA-B75M-HD3
psu: Azza Alpha 500watt

Yes, the problem is probably with the power supply and there is no 800 series. You should probably look at replacing the power supply. That's a $30 power supply and from the reviews I've read people seem to agree that you get what you paid for.

Thanks for the reply. Do you recommend any specific PSUs? Preferably modular and would u recommend multi or single rail?

Back