Graphic card suggestion

I use a HD4670 in my gaming PC... Its very capable by even todays standards, but I would aim higher if your wanting better gaming performance.

What PSU is powering your computer, and what resolution you gaming (or hoping to be) at?

In addition to Leeky's question, What is your complete system specs (one wouldn't want to stick in a reasonably capable graphic card in a relatively weak rig)? and importantly budget?

PSU- ATX 450w p4(i hope this is what u meant)

PC-2.2ghz core 2 duo,2gb ram

I jus want to play games that are currently in the market and games tht is releasing in near future.A card tht will last for for 1.5-2 years.
I dont care about the resolution,just need to play games to kill time.

which card were you suggesting when u said "to aim higher".

also should i change my PSU?

If you can push your budget to 120$, you can have this Radeon HD 5770, which is an excellent buy in this price range.

If your power supply is from reliable vendor you should be alright, provided it has 6 pin connector (although one came with my 5770, so you may check that out as well).

Well in that case, I'd go with Mizzou's recommendation, 5670 is a decent solution, but don't expect anything spectacular from it.

Actually HD5670 costs around 5800rs in india.thats around 125$.
These are the only one i could afford

HD4650
HD4670
HD5450
9500GT
GT220

From the above, I'd go with 4670, because it should be able to beat the rest by some margin.

Go with the 4670, it overclocks well with ATI's "Overdrive" (Which is easy, and relatively safe for most to use) and will pummel those other cards if given the chance. I have one in my desktop, and it runs everything I throw at it at 1366 x 768 Monitor Resolution.

With only those options I'd agree with Arch and Red on the Radeon 4670. I used a 4670 in one of my older systems and was able to game nicely at 1280x1024 with tweaked high settings. I'd imagine it doing well on anything in DX9 that comes out over the next year at a lower resolution. However don't expect to be able to play everything that comes out in the future decently, as I'm sure we'll be seeing more DX10/11 only games which might be a little harder to play for you.

Back