Graphics card fan not turning on

ragne2

the other day i came home turned my pc on with the big fat button at the front (start button), and i noticed that the graphics card fan didn't turn on with the processor fan. the next day i found another graphics card that fits into my PC, so i shoved it into the pci-e slot, then i hit the big fat turn on button at the front of the case, waited for a couple of secs and the graphics card fan didn't turn on with the processor fan. the fan always used to turn on with the processors fan. without the fan on i used a program and it showed me the temperature of the graphics card and it was obviously overheating

the original fan that was in my pc was a old geforce 7300gt the card i used to replace that when i realized it didnt work was the 9500gt.

Please help me fix this problem cause its screwing the whole family up

PLEASE REPLY ASAP CAUSE U WILL MAKE A MAN HAPPY (ME)

You say it is obviously overheating. What symptoms are you getting? What temperature is the card? Are you running any graphics software that would control the fan on the card? Does the fan connector plug into the graphics card or the motherboard header?

Fill out your complete system specifications please so that it is easier to assist you.

when i went into counterstrike source and did a video stress test the temperature went up to 82 degrees Celsius and when idle it went to 62 degrees Celsius and the fan didn't tun on at all when i tested this. yes after i made this post i went and looked at some other blogs and downloaded speed fan and it did nothing so i deleted it. symptoms are the fans is not turning on at all and it worries me it always used to turn on exactly when i started the pc up . also i am sorry that i haven't put my specs in its just never get much time to come onto this blog only when i have serious problems

82C is not too high as the card is well able to function at that temp. The fan not working is a concern though.
The card you have installed is known to work ok, yes?
You never answered the question regarding where the GPU fan is connected.
When was the last time you updated the graphics drivers?

You still need to let us know your system specs.

yea the gpu fan is connected and i updated the drivers when i noticed the fan wasn't working whci was today 6 hours ago
give me ten minutes i should get my system spec ready

@ragne
What is the manufacturer's name of your Geforce 9500GT card? Usually manufacturer's like Asus or MSI etc. will supply software tools alongside drivers which will tell you the temperature/fan speed etc of your graphic card, have you looked into the CD/DVD which came with your card for them?

Just to make sure the fan on your graphic card is ok, can you check this card in some other pc (perhaps on a friend's machine)?

If the fan works on that machine (provided you can do the above), it would probably mean there is some issue with the power being delivered to PCI-E slot.

As requested by crunchie, please provide us with complete system specifications including your PSU make/model etc.

hahahahahh, i got fulll of myself and forgot to plug 1 thing in, the power to the fan, jeeze why do i get so full of myself?

Back