Graphics card issues, had Nvidia now have ATI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomorrow_Rains

Computer Specs

Processor - AMD ATHLON XP 2800+ (2.01 GHZ)
Mobo - Asus A7N8X-X
RAM - 2.0GB
PCI SLOTS - 4
AGP SLOT - UPTO 8X SUPPORTED
1X 500GB HDD
1X 1.5 TB HDD
1X FLOPPY DRIVE
2X DVD MULTI LAYER BURN DRIVES

Okay, So my Previous Card was a XFX GEFORCE 6800XT 256MB DDR3, This card completely fried so i requested a new one (under lifetime warranty) From XFX.

They said it was defective so they sent me a new card, they sent me this time an ATI card XFX HD 4650 600M 1GB DDR2.

So this is where my problem starts, i went ahead and plugged in the Graphics Card and Everything was working perfectly fine until i went ahead and tried installing the drivers, so i did this super late and forgot to uninstall all of the NVIDIA drivers. So i installed the ATI drivers and to no Avail restarted and Nothing happened. So finally a couple of minutes later i used Driver Sweeper to Remove most of the drivers from both NVIDIA and ATI. but there is one ATI driver that will not let me uninstall it no matter what i do. ALso, I went into the Device Manager and saw that under Display Properties there was "Logmein-Display Adaptor) So i went ahead and Uninstalled it and ofcourse i shouldnt have done that because now i have no Display Drivers showing and...My Computer isnt Detecting my ATI card at all.

Help please :(

I should have said this before but if you can get into safe mode, try System Restore to a point in time before this problem. If that doesn't work, as Ritwik7 said, reinstall Windows.

Okay, SO i reinstalled Windows Completely. I reformated the drive and Began instaling the Drivers, So i went ahead and installed all the drivers so i can focus on the video Card drivers Last, I went ahead and installed ALL of the VIdeo card drivers that the CD brought and Now im Experiencing a new problem, Before windows can even attempt to load The bar freezes during the Windows XP loading screen and it remains that way, Frozen. At this point i do not know what to do at all, Please help :[

Also, A Small Update, I downloaded a supposed driver Fix, That specifically Fixes the issue of Freezing, Except now...I have the issue that The Screen goes black during loading, and windows Doesnt load at all now unless i press F8 and select Last good known configuration.

While installing the drivers afresh did you ensure that the onboard video drivers were not installed?

After selecting "Last Known Good Config" does everything work ok?

Instead of messing up with the drivers i would suggest you to open up the the case and check if the ATI card is properly inserted because i also had the same problem and got it resolved after properly inserting the card

Please let me know if it works for you...arpitibm22@gmail.com

After i select Last Good known Configuration it Takes me back like if i never installed ANY drivers at all including the Motherboard drivers, And my Board Doesnt have any OnBoard Video i completely Relies on the AGP-VGA Card to Get Video into the Monitor. I'm going to open the case today when i get home and Re-attach the Video Card I do appreciate all of your help!

I actually have the Drivers which came in the CD, whenever i would try to install the HOTFIX drivers it would give me a failure, but in the LOG it would not give me a reason as to why it failed. Or no Error Messages, Just everytime it checks for the HArdware it Says "Error"

I havent attempted resting the card again because i remember i placed it in there good and made sure the socket was clean. So i know this is a driver issue or a mother bios issue.

Is there any way you could try your card on another PC? I'm wondering if your card is faulty.

Okay so i tried the card in another computer and the card works fine i installed all the drivers and did everything necessary and it booted up into windows XP fine. Now when i come back to my computer i have very little luck, Should i Do the CMOS reboot? or is there somewhere in the BIOS i need to go inorder to get this working. Hrm..

I have a 700 watt psu xfinity. Okay so when I get home I'm going to take out the motherboard battery and touch a screwdriver on the connectors. Ill be back to let you know about what happens

SOLVED After Resetting the CMOS it deleted all of the drivers so i went ahead and updated the BIOS on my Motherboard..17 Updates and 2 hours later i install all of the DRivers and update them all and BOOM! it works! Thanks allot for your help RitWik7!!! It was greatly Appreciated, To anyone having this problem they should remember to Reset Their CMOS and Update their BIOS. It seems to help haha. THANKS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back