My System Config are as follows :
i3-2100 processor
Gigabyte MotherBoard model GA-H61M-S2P-B3
RAM 4GB
PSU 250W
Hard Disk 500GB
Intel 2000 inbuilt Graphics

Can You Suggest me a graphics card according to my System
I want to play BF3 & nfs the RUN on my system they are running but with a glitch

I'am from india and my budget is Rs 2500 & why do I need a PSU & I have Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit edition

Ok, so at that budget, just grab a Radeon HD 5450 DDR3 from Flipkart, or a lot better Radeon HD 5550 GRRD5. Good DDR5 models are tough to find at below $80 (I guess Rs. 5000), so you'll have to make do with DDR3.
So I'd recommend: Radeon HD 5450 DDR3 or better DDR5 if you can bump the budget up, or if you can find it, Radeon HD 5550.

As for the need of a PSU, it's because good graphic cards need more power, more wattage. But this one a PSU above 450W is plenty. Mine is running on a 550W PSU, and no probs.

At that budget either get the 5450 Marnomancer suggested or see if you can get a better deal on a used card. However you'll only be able to play BF3 on low settings (NFS The Run might play better though, it's limited to only 30fps anyway).

A 250W PSU is cutting it very close but you don't have enough budget for a new PSU.

No need to, Rajiv.
If you have that cash, get the 5550 GDDR5. Nvidia has a bad bang-for-buck ratio in that range compared to Radeon. Not much idea on the Nvidia nomenclature, so slh28 can help you better with nvidia.

According to Radeon's website, it's recommended to have a 400 watt PSU for the 5550. I agree with some others that 250 watt is going to be cutting is extremely close - if it starts shutting itself down seemingly for no reason, that's the first place you should look.

thanks Marnomancer but I can't find 5550 GDDR5 in flipkart instead they are showing 6650 etc & I have 250 W PSU so a/c to u I also have to upgrade it

I think at your price point the 6570/6670 is going to be your best bet. Nvidia cards lower than a GTS 450 are poor value in comparison.

BF3 is pretty graphics and CPU intensive. What monitor do you have? And are you happy with turning the graphics options down low? Because you are probably going to need to.

For reference I run an i5-760, AMD HD7950 OC at 1920x1080 with most if not all graphics options at max in BF3 and my min framerate is around 40fps (so really I should be turning some graphics options down!).

I have Sumsung Sync Master LED Monitor 20'' & in Monitor Properties it Shows the max resolution of 1600x900. And Shiv I have 250W PSU does I need a bigger PSU

I suggest you get something like iball 400W or a circle 400W you can also try with VIP or zebronics which you can grab for cheap but remember these brands have real low quality products, for lower DDR3 card they should be fine but you really need to consider the standard brands like corsair for a 400W and higher power demanding cards.My suggestion go with HD5450 and any above brand psu its easily available with the vendors for a cheap price and within your budget but if you choose higher end cards then you need to get psu from brands like corsair,antec.

HD6670 requires a 400W PSU (according to AMD). HD 6570 also needs 400W. You are going to struggle with 250W. HD 5450 says the same.

I'd recommend a better PSU if you want to play a game like BF3 with good resolution and fps.

Compare it to a car - a good engine needs a good ECU, right? In most cases, if the PSU isn't powerful enough, the card wont power up.
Most of the things that turn up at the service centre are iBall products, so keep that in mind. I suggest you get a something like Corsair or preferably Antec from Newegg or Amazon. Though a bit pricier than generic products, it's quality.
For the record, I'm running the same generic 550W PSU that came with the case, and it's running the 5450 absolutely fine.
250W is too low. Whatever you buy, keep it >=400W, so you have the headroom and don't run into issues.

AMD and Nvidia's offical recommendations for PSU power are always overly conservative. I actually think you'll be fine with a 250W PSU and the 6570/6670, the SB i3's are crazily power efficient. An i3 2100 system only draws 115W under full load from the wall, so actual draw from the PSU (assuming 80% efficiency) is about 92W. 158W is plenty left for a 6570/6670.

So if you're really, really on a budget you might just get away with the 250W PSU, however I would still thoroughly recommend you getting a decent Corsair/Antec 400-450W PSU.

Guys I have a PC with Gigabyte MotherBoard model GA-H61M-S2P-B3 I want to buy a graphics card Redeon 7770 is it compatible with my motherboard

Back