Graphics problem while playing game

Hello Everyone...

Greetings!!!

While playing game, my system gets hanged and I can only hear sound. Need to restart my system by pushing the reset button to get back normal windows. I face this issue for past 2 to 3 days.

The following is my system information:

4 GB DDR 2 RAM
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz
Intel ECG3510 M
Win XP + SP3
GeForce 9500 GT, NVIDIA – Graphics Card

I found some threads to check the temperature and clock speed. How can I check the temperature and clock speed of my hardware’s. Kindly help me to resolve the issue.

Thanks you,

Regards,
Naga

Hello ...
Thanks for replying...
Game I am playing is “Need for Speed™ Most Wanted”
In one of the thread I read that due to some dust in the Graphics card fan may also create such problem... So I removed my Graphics card cleaned it and replaced it; in vain the problem is not resolved, but I found that the game can prolong for few sec…
Thanks you
Regards
Naga

Are you actually getting a black screen but the sound still progresses just fine? I've seen this happen with anti-aliasing enabled. Try making sure you have updated video drivers and disabling AA.

Hello…

Thanks for your information. Actually I don’t get the black screen, instead of that the mixed color (e.g.: see the attachment).

Some time worst than the image.
Is this the problem with the graphic card what I have? When I am just watching movie or doing some sort of work for a long hours I don’t see any problem. But when I try to play the game alone I see the issue.
Kindly help me to resolve the issue.

Thank you,
Regards,
Naga

Attachments

• screen0032fh.jpg
    screen0032fh.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 12
Hello…

Thanks for your information. Actually I don’t get the black screen, instead of that the mixed color (e.g.: see the attachment).

Some time worst than the image.
Is this the problem with the graphic card what I have? When I am just watching movie or doing some sort of work for a long hours I don’t see any problem. But when I try to play the game alone I see the issue.
Kindly help me to resolve the issue.

Thank you,
Regards,
Naga

That looks bad. Looks like:

a) Your card isn't getting enough power.

or

b) Your card is overheating.

or

c) You card has been overheating and is now fried.

At least, my screen looked like that when my 9800 gt decided to fry.

Hello…

Thanks to everyone who replied and tried to resolve the issue I am facing. Is there any solution for this or it is that better to replace my Graphics Card?

Thank you,
Regards,
Naga

It sounds like the card is bad and if so, you will have to replace it. That said, do you have access to another graphics card that you can substitute temporarily? If it works, you will have pretty much confirmed that the original card is bad.

I will second the overheating, more specifically it looks like bad/overheated memory. does it go into this mode right away/ or does it take a few minutes? those 'spikes' and discolored layers are indicative of very hot memory.

Hello...

It takes few seconds... and after that it collapse. I just downloaded Ntune for NVIDIA. In that the GPU 1 is around 56 to 60 degree C in normal mode. During the game play it goes around 75 to 90 degree approximately (I just paused and used tab key to see the temp). But I don’t know what the temp is during the collapse time.

Ok I will replace the card and will check it.

Thank you,

Regards
Naga.

Hello...

It takes few seconds... and after that it collapse. I just downloaded Ntune for NVIDIA. In that the GPU 1 is around 56 to 60 degree C in normal mode. During the game play it goes around 75 to 90 degree approximately (I just paused and used tab key to see the temp). But I don’t know what the temp is during the collapse time.

Ok I will replace the card and will check it.

Thank you,

Regards
Naga.

You should look into one of these.

Silent and doesn't go over 75 degrees, even with my shitty case.

Back