Graphics Problems - Dont know What

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

new to these forums so a quick Hi!

Im having problems with graphics on my computer. At first i thought it was my graphics card (i have a geforce 7600gs AGP, so i changed it back to my old one (radion 9550se) but was still getting the same problems)

the problem is that anything highly graphical either dosnt work at all, crashes the system or dosnt work properly.

eg:

- videos dont play at all.
- if i view something in explorer in thumbnail view, windows explorer crashes
- if i try and play a game everything is jumpy and not everything shows up
- even streaming videos on the net jump around and dont show properly.

Im running windows XP (HE) with sp.2 latest .net framework, all the latest drivers...etc

it used to work. i seem to remember it all going wrong when i installed java. but since i have done a full format and re-build so im mistifed.

i hope someone on here can help me out. I have (i think) an atholn 2.8 with a gig of ram.

Richard

Try performing an XP repair:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315341

You may be experiencing a Virus or malware infection too. Google CCleaner and Glarysoft Free Utilities. Download and run them before you do the XP replair, if you can. This also may be a hardware failure, but the XP repair will point this out

i will give it a go but i dont think it will help.

i have literally only just done a re-build. the only thing on the system is windows xp and the drivers...etc and a game to test it out on.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back