GTX280 won't send video to monitor

I changed my power supply (old one's dead), and now, when I turn my pc on, it won't send video to the monitor.

Its a gtx280, the green light is turning on (so electricity doesn't appear to be the issue), and the gpu fan doesn't turn on.

I cannot access the bios or anything else software related because the motherboard doesn't have integrated video.

Hi Enrique,

Minimum System Power Requirement on a GTX 280 video card is 550 W. Check the new power supply's specifications to confirm. Also, is the new video card compatible with your system?

Click on the link below for specifications and details on the GTX 280.
http://dell.to/1fibdAQ

Please reply if you have further queries.

[FONT=Arial]Thanks and regards,[/FONT]
Babita G
[FONT=Arial]#iworkforDell [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Support Site[/FONT][FONT=Arial] .[/FONT]

It's all compatible. The only thing that has changed is that I switched the newer 850w psu for the old one (800w). This computer used to be powered by the old psu until I replaced with a new one (80+silver), and there is no new video card, its the same that's been hooked up for 3 years.

I've already sent it to a repair center (I live in a 3rd world country so it should be cheap), and I'll update this thread with the solution (if there is one) when that's run its course.

Hi Enrique,

Thank you for your reply.

We appreciate and look forward to your posting the resolution for this issue.

Please feel free to contact us in case of further queries. We would be happy to help.

[FONT=Arial]Thanks and regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Support Site[/FONT][FONT=Arial] .[/FONT]

Turns out when the psu died it fried something in the motherboard. Thanks for all the help guys.

How do I put SOLVED in the title? So its clear this is resolved.

Hi Enrique,

Thank you for letting us know that the point of failure has been identified and issue resolved now.

Please feel free to contact us in case of further queries, we would be happy to help.

[FONT=Arial]Thanks and regards.[/FONT]
[FONT=Museo For Dell]Babita G
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, [/FONT]
[FONT=Museo For Dell]Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region [FONT=Museo For Dell][FONT=Museo For Dell]US Customers[/FONT][/FONT]; [FONT=Museo For Dell]UK Customers[/FONT]; [FONT=Museo For Dell]India Customers[/FONT]. For Dell support videos click [FONT=Museo For Dell][FONT=Museo For Dell]Here[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Museo For Dell].[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]

Back