Halo 1 Fatal error

Status
Not open for further replies.

HDD123

Whenever I try to play halo 1 trail, it gives me a fatal error saying "A probrem occured initalizing Direct draw. Hardwere acceleration may be disabled, pleas run DXDIAG. What should I do? My specs are on the top right corner... i think...

I do not believe your graphics controller is capable of handling the game. It has this same error on the older model Dells at my School, and they have the same GPU, so yeah.

You need a new Graphics card in short.

Your motherboard supports PCI-EX16 so if you'll tell your budget someone will tell you the best card for you.

Also, what kind of Power Supply (Inluding the Wattage and how many Amps you have on the 12V rail. If you don't know how to find that, it says on the sticker on the side of the Power Supply.

I do not believe your graphics controller is capable of handling the game. It has this same error on the older model Dells at my School, and they have the same GPU, so yeah.

You need a new Graphics card in short.

Your motherboard supports PCI-EX16 so if you'll tell your budget someone will tell you the best card for you.

Also, what kind of Power Supply (Inluding the Wattage and how many Amps you have on the 12V rail. If you don't know how to find that, it says on the sticker on the side of the Power Supply.

Thanks for the advice, I got it working perfectly after i installed gma 950 drivers :)

Wow, I REALLY need to stop jumping to that conclusion. Drivers are the first thing you should have checked, or at least the first thing I should have told you to check. I am sorry for me jumping to conclusions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back