Halo 2 for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok

Hi again,

I am a Halo fanatic and I found a while ago that Halo 2 was available for the PC. However, it says that it is made for Vista. I found this disappointing for I have Windows XP. Would I still be able to buy it and run it just as well on XP then as if I was running it with Vista?

Halo 2 was supposed to be DX10 only, thus Vista.

But I think someone did manage to crack/patch it so it was able to run on PC.

You might want to Google it, here I'll help.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Halo+2+for+Windows+XP

I would like to help more but, if you want to take the legal way, the short answer is that Halo 2 is not capable with XP.

I can't go much further than this though because I won't want to get Techspot into any trouble from people offering advise on how to get a game illegally.

Thats no prob, I don't want to get you or TechSpot in trouble either, but thanks for helping. I'll go to the site you posted and check it out.

Halo 2

Even with a hack and directx 10 the game play would not be up to your expectations. It would behoove you to purchase the Vista Upgrade and play Halo2. That is my plan as well.

Even with a hack and directx 10 the game play would not be up to your expectations. It would behoove you to purchase the Vista Upgrade and play Halo2. That is my plan as well.
Halo2 doesn't even require directX10, it runs entirely on directx9, the only reason its vista required is so microsoft can make some more money.

Yes there could hax out there which may let you run on XP fairly easily...i've seen some first hand close up gameplay videos :p.

That sounds good, I think what I plan on doing is,
1) I am getting a new SATA HDD so I may as well put either XP or Vista on it.
2) I believe I'll be getting a new video card as well.
Hopefully with these upgrades I'll be able to run Halo 2 and any further applications on it (to a certain extent). :blackeye:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back