Hard luck Hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had just built my new computer and like the amature i am i came across issue after issue.

Everything worked fine at the start but then i started looseing information and saved data which lead up a totaly system death -- simple i replaced the old HD , problemed solved.

But now Im getting random BOSD with an error report reading

page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
stop: 0x00000050 (0xbffffff8, 0x00000000, 0x08054a51a, 0x00000000)

im not sure whats cuaseing this -- memtest came out fine so im thinking bad CPU ( duel core) or MOBO (Asus P5E-VM DO )

im leaning towards CPU, only cuase it seems to happon when something loads or to I try ot run two things at once. But it will never happon when i load up a game. :/

thanks

You could try reseating your ram and vid card. Switch the ram around also if all the same.

If all your ram is not the same you are very likely to get those kind of problems.

"Nope , do you reeally think the ram could be the issue?"

I mention it because memory is the cause of that error and the 2 most prevalent memory areas to fail are mobo ram and vid card ram.

If you have more than 1 mobo ram stick, remove all but one - try it out. If the error repeats swap for another, etc.

CCT said:
"Nope , do you reeally think the ram could be the issue?"

I mention it because memory is the cause of that error and the 2 most prevalent memory areas to fail are mobo ram and vid card ram.

If you have more than 1 mobo ram stick, remove all but one - try it out. If the error repeats swap for another, etc.

humm nope , swaped em both and tryed it with just one -- still getting the same issues

Build-your-own is ok if you are really experienced. One common error is not matching motherboard and Ram. If you look on the motherboard manufacturer's website, you will find a (usually large) table of tested ram product numbers. It is often not successful to wander outside that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back