Hardware problems? Need advice

krisis99

So I built my own computer and there seems to be something wrong here..

Specs:

- Windows 7 Home Premium (64)
- Asus Crosshair III Formula x4 965 (iROG)
- EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1GB
- Soundblaster SupremeFX Xi-Fi
- Patriot Inferno 120GB, Seagate 1TB
- Ripjaws G Skill 4GB DRAM x2

Now the problem is that I was getting constant BSOD's but that seemed to have been solved after i nuked the system and started fresh. Since then I have gotten a couple restarts that SEEM to only be from starting to play a game. The BSODs seemed to be related to that at times before. I didn't know if i should post this in BSODs or a hardware section.

If anyone can help me out here it would be great

Any more requested info I'll try to bring to the table.

EDIT: Most of the time when the system would restart randomly or after a BSOD, i would not get a display in return, the only way I bypassed this was using the MemOK button on the motherboard, a problem in CMOS? Also I've updated all my drivers and like i said it's a fresh install of windows now.

P.S. I have only gotten a good look at one of the dumps which had to do with fltmgr.sys ? I know there has been different errors though. IRLQ_LESS_THAN_EQUAL, BAD_POOL_HEADER, and another couple i think.

EDIT: Ok so after SEVEN BSOD's at logon screen i found out the other ones. PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER (i think?)

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT is probably the strongest error code we have citing corrupted memory as the issue. Do you know how to run Memtest on your RAM?

Well now I have no display and a CMOS error on my poster. So. Don't think I can even run that. But no I have no clue.

EDIT: Used a DVI to VGA adapter and hooked a VGA cable to my monitor, I can now run my linux fine, no BSODs. scared to try windows.

Here is the beautiful thing about Memtest: It engages seconds after you boot up; Windows doesn't even load.

yeah, i used linux to google how to do this properly and now my windows and linux both run fine. I don't know what happened to my comp but its working now. thanks guys

Back