Hauppauge 1800 card doesn't look right in PCI Express x16 slot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm installing a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1800 card which says it'll work in either PCI Express x1 or x16, into a Asus P6T motherboard.

The video card is blocking the single PCI Express x1 slot, so I installed the tv card in the second x16 slot.

It didn't look right putting this short card into a long x16 slot as it was sort of curved over the unused pins.
When I booted my pc, my bios was changed to boot from floppy and dates on my system changed. I immediately shut down and pulled the card out after seeing the bios screen.

My question is, should I try and install the tv card in the PCI Express x1 slot and move my video card to a different x16 slot as I have two others? If so, would this require alot of change or would Windows 7 immediately recognize the move and automatically reconfigure?

OR, should I try in the same x16 slot again, and not worry if I'm prompted to setup bios again?

Thanks.

Attachments

• PCI Slots.JPG
    PCI Slots.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 6
I can't speak to the 1800 tuner, but I have the 1250 and it goes right into the PCI-E x1 slot. I think you have to install the Hauppage drivers before the card, and/or ignore the M$ "found new hardware" wizard. The 1250 is just a single tuner, that the only difference.

The 1250 card is on the same size PC board as the 1800. My board only has one PCI-E x 16 lane, so the the tuner has no other place to go but a PCI-E x 1 slot. It works just fine there. It didn't change the system date.

I don't think it, "doesn't look quite right there, but I had no preconception of how it was supposed to look in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back