Have an older computer which is brand new but I do want to start upgrading internally

I have a HP pavilion G7 series, and it was given to me by a relative that literally never even opened the box. I do download a lot of movies, and things like that and am just curious if anyone could give me any input on what I could change to boost the overall speed of my computer. its not absolutely terrible now but I think there is much room for advancement. Any reccomendations would be greatly appreciate it. As I said I am somewhat new to this aspect of the computer. I have always had one all my life, but this one I really enjoy and want to make sure I take care of it the best I can while it does everything I would need from it and more. I must add it does have windows 10 installed. And my goal is to learn everything I can, and maybe someday I can be giving someone advice just like I am asking now. Computers have always intrigued me and all that you can do with them so I am very excited as I am sure there are masterminds of the computers on here.. Thank you so much for taking the time and reading my post.....

And BTW, this wont be my forever computer, someday I do what to upgrade to a top of the line computer that would be ready for just about anything. I just want for the time being to make my laptop now the best it can be is all.. again thank you. any advice, big or small, would be greatly appreciated. and if I ask stupid questions I apologize in advance. I basically taught myself everything I know about computers so I may be doing things wrong, backwards, etc so bare with me please.. again thank you

HP pavilion G7 is a laptop and they're not easy to upgrade. You might throw more memory into it, but that will be very marginal in improvement.

Back