Having (1/2) hard time file sharing between Win7 PC's

pioneerx01

I have a home network setup between multiple devices. On one PC (Win7x64 Ultimate) I have two SATA drives and two IDE drives. All four are shared in same way with same permissions for everybody. However, I can not access any IDE drive by any other network device, but the SATA ones are fully accessible by everyone.

What am I missing?

Hi pioneer,

hmm thats odd considering its all on the same PC.
Do you maybe have to select the Drives to be "shared" or something? Im assuming the OS is on the SATA drives as opposed to the IDE there ;)

Btw what is the OS on the other PC(s) / Device(s)?

James

All PC's on the network are Win7x64 (home premium to ultimate). The OS on the PC in question is on fifth drive (not shared). The four drives in question are all shared in a same way, but I can only access SATA ones.

I am just going to trash my entire network system and start from scratch. There goes a day... :)

ooo OUCH!!!

hmmm...... still seems odd that the SATA can only be read. Sounds like something in the BIOS maybe or perhaps something to do with Windows 7???

try setting one of the SATA with Windows Ultimate on it as the Homegroup and have th other conenct to that PC. mayeb that will help

james

I do not believe that it is BIOS issue. The drives are full accessible when I am on the PC with the drives, I just can access them over the network from other PC's (only the two SATA).

Back