Hdmi out of range 8.8kHz/7Hz then pc reboots

Hey everyone a few days ago I suspect after an update ingame my pc screen went black and said HDMI out of range 8.8kHz/7Hz then pc reboots itself. Only happens when I play a game anything actually that seems to use display this happens. I can browse the web no problem only happens when ingame. I rerolled the driver update took me to 2007 drivers and couldnt play a game anyhows.
Gtx960 Msi graphics card been working fine this happened a few days ago please advise ..
Thank you

I suggest you use DDU:

That will insure you get a good install of your video card driver. It also wouldn't hurt to install a driver for your monitor (which is just a text file from the monitor manufacturer). This could also be an early sign of graphics card failure (I have seen it before).

I suggest you use DDU:

That will insure you get a good install of your video card driver. It also wouldn't hurt to install a driver for your monitor (which is just a text file from the monitor manufacturer). This could also be an early sign of graphics card failure (I have seen it before).
Thank you I have an Lg screen and I moved to a hotter state could it be overheating? My gtx960 is only a year old I would be heart broken if its my card

Your GTX960 isn't likely a year old since that came out many years ago ..like 2015:

It might be new to you, as in "you just got it". Maybe the graphics card (system) is dirty and airflow is a problem? You could also use temperature monitoring utility like HWinfo. See what those temps are.

Your GTX960 isn't likely a year old since that came out many years ago ..like 2015:

It might be new to you, as in "you just got it". Maybe the graphics card (system) is dirty and airflow is a problem? You could also use temperature monitoring utility like HWinfo. See what those temps are.
Hi, so I lowered my refresh rate to 50. And I did clean my card out. Still happening with the error. I am quickly gana uninstall and install drivers. I recall a windows update before all this started. Could that be the issue?

Anything is possible but it's not likely Windows Update caused this particular problem. Maybe you could try connecting the monitor another way? Displayport? Try a different HDMI cable?

So update, my pc was running 90 degrees at idle. Think it shutdown because when I ran an app or game it would go way over 110. So I cleaned everything out and opened the cpu and saw it had no thermal paste on. So getting some tomorrow. Hope that works

Back