HDMI to TV from laptop?

learninmypc

HDMI.jpg Just noticed where I can plug an HDMI cord into my HP laptop. I also have an HDMI input on my tv, Just curious for now, how does one view their laptop on tv??
The one on my tv is currently being used by my apple tv. Still curious thou. :)

Thank you. Some things are easier said than done, this was easy said & done. Hopefully it'll help somebody else too.

@jobeard is there a way to fix the audio on the tv? Or is the audio on the laptop at fault? I have to turn the tv volume wayyy up just to hear it.

Hmm; Usually the HDMI runs w/o manual adjustments - - like an analogue line-out from an amp. Volume should be controlled directly at the TV.

@jobeard post # 10 please for my Acer all in one??
Is there a way to find out if my HDMI on the all in one is connected??
As it is a video out connection, there's no address to ping like wifi. The only thing I can see is the PC monitor extend, mirror choices in the control panel which would produce video on attached hdmi device.

If I'm understanding you correctly, I should check in the Control Panel ? I've been thru many parts in Control Panel but nothing which is why I'm confused & asking you. I did it exactly like my HP laptop but nothing. Will continue to experiment, thank you. :)

Back