Heat wave marks at 38C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexexex

I've recently installed GTA: San Andreas and I've noticed after playing for a while, about 30min-3hours heat waves would appear on the screen.

Right when this happens I close down the game, but now I'm becoming reluctant to run the game anymore in fear of blowing up my graphics card.

I've tried leaving the case open and adding an additional fan, though the heat waves don't go away.

I'm pretty sure that 38C isn't hot enough to overheat a card, well actually the 38C is the temperature which is shown after I exit the game, because I don't have an in-game temp monitor. Nevertheless, given another 15C I still don't think that's hot enough to overheat.

I'm using a Geforce 9600 GSO and I was running the game at 1440x900 at high quality.

Oh, and if it means anything I overclocked my CPU from 2.8ghz to 3.67ghz, but I don't think the heat from the CPU (33-55C) would be affecting the GPU.

If you have any solutions or possible causes, I'd appreciate if you would share with me.

Thank you very much, Alex.

Scary Heat Waves!

I don't think you can clearly see the heat waves in the attached photos, but they're there and theyre big!

I still have no idea of how or why they're there, all my components are really cold, I'm even using EVEREST and PC WIZARD to double check the temps and theyre the same.

I hope my card isn't just busted or something...

The waves... is heat the only factor to causing them?

I also believe it is worthy to note that if I continue to play with the waves, they disappear after I move into a different area. So this leads me to think that maybe its not heat?

Well... patiently waiting for a response...

Thank you, Alex.

Attachments

• IMG_3323.jpg
    IMG_3323.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3324.jpg
    IMG_3324.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 8
every time I have ever seen that (and its been many) it has been a resolution/refresh rate issue. check your refresh rate and make sure its correct. if it is ,change the resolution you play GTA at, and see if it stops. oh yeah, make sure its a res that is supported by your monitor.

It appears by changing to 1280 x 1024, the waves don't jump in, for now at least.

2 questions, do you think by having the waves, it'll damage your graphics card?

And does this mean I'm limited to only playing the these resolutions that won't create the waves?

Thank you, grateful as usual, Alex.

Again, they're not caused be heat, so that means its not even physically effecting your graphics card....it definatly looks like a software element.

Sorry for the delayed response, I haven't had enough time these past days to play games.
So I was playing GTA again the other day and the waves kicked in at 1280 x 1024, my favoured resolution, which I found didn't have the waves.
So now I'm wondering after having tried every single resolution, am I going to have to suck it up and play with the waves, or is there an alternate solution?
Btw, I have Directx 11 installed I think? And the game was made in 05, when Directx 9 was the hottest thing.

Thanks peepers, Alex. :)

Looks like a moire pattern to me.

Either a cheap monitor, has a defect or it may be failing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back