Hello All, just a quick intro

Hello Everybody!

I watch linus tech tips of late, and this seems like a good forum

After a nervous breakdown 10 years ago, I became very online social shy, only using whatsapp plus random things what I needed to talk to people with.

I used to own a computer repair shop, but a year later, when the shop was doing great and we were going to expand something happened....

Long story short The guy I in fact worked for before buying the business from was in fact a crook, I learned he was wanted in other countries mostly for fraud but also an alleged rape in Poland where he fled the country on bail. This affected me because the shop's lease hadn't been getting paid for a year, and to make matters worse......look at it this way, the guy, who claimed to be going to Turkey to live while his Mother was dying, left me completely screwed and I had to shut down.

It was a major case with my fiance that actually broke me, because when she learned about the situation above I was blown away by just how clear all she really loved was the money, knowing my income was getting bigger & bigger and NOT me. She left after arguments and finally when I had her down to a basic question she couldn't answer about loving me. It killed me. I had to go to the job center and sign on as unemployed at the time. I left the really nice 2 bedrooms riverside flat/apartment (rented-expensiove) and stayed with my mother.

I still had friends plus many associates and contacts, over the last decade although of course, we can get in touch, I have been very quiet, and turned into quite a solitary individual.

Now, after therapy, working out, getting the endorphins going etc I now feel like I have my powers back. My skills never disappeared but I haven't been paying full attention to tech. Used the same build for the past 10 years replacing the odd component when needed and upgraded my gfx card, but I was depressed so I wasn't gaming much.

Although im registered on reddit to find out answers to questions etc (ive always hated facebook, even prior to 10 years ago, I always used IRC to ask, answer and learn - I have been totally shy in that respect since my breakdown.

I know this is a paculiar introduction, but its the FIRST since a decade ago so is rather unique as far as I am concerned anyway.

Anyway, I'm better now, I'm gaming all the time, currently using a decent, old, i3 laptop with an added gaming mouse, gaming k board and 360 controller.

Its IGP is only HD4000 gfx, which is laughable given current tech, I know lol. My ancient gaming rigs latest card is an AMD R9 290X Which even tho my Old Intel CPU was bottlenecking was a hell of a card when I got it. The rig needs a new motherboard its dead for sure, and the ANCIENT intel core chip aint worth housing again so im saving and aim to build a "re-born" in my case gaming rig, budget at first given my income, I have seen some cracking setups on youtube videos for as little as £290.

So im here for help, to help aswell where I can and over time be a consistent member, build a reputation. Im 37 and not getting any younger!

Thanks, If you read all that, its not your average intro lol, its the first time I have actually come into a more private forum other than reddit and properly introduced myself in over 10 years!!! I lost touch with so many online contacts through depression it is unreal! Its like I have been in a psychical jail cell the pastg 10 years but with comfy bed, chairs and tv/internet access lol

Ah yes, Although my username is DrGonzo, feel free to call me JD, Jim, Dr, whatever u want, Call me Delores Anne-Marie if it makes u happy lol! (lol)

Im choosing to be impulsive and posting all this...ye, im going for it, gun-hOOOOOooooooooooooo

Back