Help choosing the right videocard

Status
Not open for further replies.

boostedf22

SO I have a Dell Optiplex GX280. Not to sure on the model number, but its not a full size tower, nor a tiny tower. Kinda in between the two. Stand it or lay it flat.

I am wanting to get a graphics card for it. I know I will need a slim card, as well as a power supply.(Lost already) I come here for some help. Comp specs as of now are intel 3.0, 2gb ram, 80gb HD, on board graphics chip. I would like to max out what the mother board could support. So a nice card (-$200.00) would be ideal if the option is there.

http://tomcat.yc.edu/servman/desktops/GX280_UG/sffabout.htm#1051997 --- this is my comp

Thanks in advance,
Jay

I recommend this PSU and this card, since I'm not sure a full-length card like the HD 4850 will fit. Check the dimensions on the HD 4850 and see if it can fit. If it can, then this card is what I recommend.

Heres another one, since I need a power supply that is more rectangle shaped then a square box. I am having a hard time finding the right power supply to fit in the smaller sized case. Is it possible to swap internals to a normal sized tower? If so, would any case work ?

If thats what you wanted you could swap everything into a regular case but if your not really sure you can do it i would recommend it, a lot of things can go wrong.

Yep, any mid-tower case will do. The Antec Three Hundred is an excellent mid-tower case that can be had for around $40 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back