Help connecting to wifi

Hi guys, I found an old computer in my basement from 2005 maybe, it's running windows xp. Anyways, I'm can't figure out how to connect it to my xfinity wifi. Every time I press connect to Internet it asks about modems. I've googled how to connect it and I can't seem to figure it out. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Hey Ryan. Is this a laptop or desktop. If it's a desktop, it likely doesn't have a wireless adapter that will allow connection to you wireless network. If it's a laptop, right click on My Computer,Properties,select Device Manager tab, then look for Network Adapters and click once on the + and see if you see any wireless adapter listed and if it is enabled. You can enable/disable a wireless adapter by right clicking and toggling between enable/disable. In either case, it probably needs quite a bit of work to get it up to date, and assuming everything else seems ok, I myself would start from scratch and reformat the drive and reinstall XP (assuming you have an XP disk for it) since any maintenance programs are just as old. If you're not sure about this, tell us the make and model number of this pc.

Back