help me please!!! albatron trinity PC6600GT PCIe problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, i'm desperate!!! iI have recently bought an albatron trinity PC6600GT PCIe video card so that i could play battlefield 2, i have downloaded the latest drivers from nvidia but when i play the game i get graphics glitches popping up randomly on the screen and it eventually crashes!!

My pc is as follows

Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz
1Gb RAM
Windows XP home edition version 2002 service pack 2

i thought this was supposed to be a kick *** card, but at the moment im not too sure :(

If anyone could help me with this problem it would be greatly appreciated

What video card were you using before and were you playing battlefield 2 prior to installing this new video card?

Does that video card have an extra 4-pin power plug into it? If not, check and see if it does need extra power.

And what process did you use to remove the old card and install the new. Did you remove all ATI stuff prior to changing over?

it doesnt appear to have any power plug attachments on it, how do you check to see if the card needs extra power???

I have uninstalled all of the ATI gear, uninstalled all the nvidia drivers, uninstalled battlefield 2.

Re-installed the 81.95 nvidia driver, re-installed battlefield 2 and re-patched it with v1.12 and it is still doing the same thing. Should the card be able to run battlefield 2 on high settings??? because i have tried running it on medium and it still does the same thing also.

As i've been saying all this week, your video card is overheating.

What's wrong with video cards this days??? Did all fans just decided to stop working, did every GPU decided to start overheating??

Anyway, see if your fan is working correctly, if it's dirty, clean it.

If problems persist, get your card replaced.

i've taken the case off my pc and the fan is working perfectly to the best of my knowledge, and it isn't dirty because it's only been installed in my pc for 2 days... if it is an overheating problem what can i do to fix it???

If the fan on the video card is working, and you were able to play the game with your previous card, it stands to reason that you got a bad card. It happened to me, and I just now sent my card back, after a year of random shut downs. I would recommend getting that card replaced. Don't you just love computer problems?

If it were not a bad card, which it could very well be, then random specs can often mean bad RAM. Which, in turn, still means bad video card. It may help to check your primary RAM for errors with memtest86.

Then have you tried lowering all your settings in BF2? Make sure Antialiasing is off and Anisotropic filtering. From within the game and also within the Nvidia configuration program.

ok i've ran the memtest86 and it has come up with no errors what so ever, ive turned anti-aliasing and anisotrpic filtering off from both the game and the card itself.

The game doesnt seem to be doing it anymore but i think it may have something to do with federelli's opinion of my card overheating because it now runs on high fine without a glitch with the case still off and an external fan cooling the card directly.

Has anyone had any problems with this card overheating before and if so what did they do or does anyone have any suggestions on cooling fans for my card????

I think you guys have almost nutted out my problem for me and i appreaciate all the input i've recieved, hopefully my card will be all sweet soon so i can play batlefield 2 without a worry in the world and maybe i'll see some of you on the game in the not too distant future.

Thermaltake is great for GPU heatsink/fans. Still, there's no reason for it to overheat, other than a faulty card.

Try getting it replaced. You paid for it, and there's no reason why you should stand having to replace it's fan.

My guess would be inproper driver install. Did you run Driver Cleaner in safe mode while you were uninstalling the video card drivers? If not, I reccomend you to try it.

The steps I use are:
1.unistall drivers from add/delete menue
2.boot into safe mode
3. run driver cleaner a couple times(for your case, make sure you tell DC to clean both ATI and Nvidia video card drivers)
4.shut down pc
5. reboot
6. install diver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back