Help: ntoskrnl.exe, ntfs.sys,and netio.sys "BSOD errors"

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmworldwide

Got a brand new computer straight from the box and started to install programs and got the blue screen. So I restarted the computer and got it again an hour later. So I googled around all stated to have BIOS and Video Card and everything else updated so then I did just that and got the Blue Screens. The computer starts up normally and the blue screen is a hit and miss. I can be on the computer for hours and get the screen at the end or may get it after my desktop appears. I called the place I git the computer from and they stated to run the memory test installed on 7 and test it out a stick at a time. I did that and no errors. I also ran the chk disk utility and came out with no errors. I've also ran the computer with one stick of ram since I have two installed and got more bluescreens on one stick than the other stick. As of now I have no blue screens with this stick. The majority of the errors are the "ntoskrnl.exe and some "ntfs.sys", and "netio.sys. You gurus at Tech Spot seem to be right on and getting back with people fast by looking at other forums. I will attach all dump files into two zip files because there is 12 of them and due to size...sorry....Thank you so very very very much.......

Norton 360 installed Antivirus
iBuyPower Gaming Computer
GA-P55M-UD2 Rev. 1.0 Motherboard
Intel P55 Chipset
Windows 7 64-bit
Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 4.00GB ram DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

Attachments

• dumps1-6.zip
    178 KB · Views: 2
  • dumps7-12.zip
    167.4 KB · Views: 3
A brief description extracted from your dumps is given here:

1. 0x1E, avgcsrva.exe, memory corruption

2. 0xA, des2svr.exe, code/memory corruption

3. 0x1A, VSSVC.exe (ntkrnlmp.exe),

4. 0x1A, svchost.exe (ntkrnlmp.exe),

5. 0xA, firefox.exe, code/memory corruption

6. 0x3B, firefox.exe, memory corruption

7. 0x7f (instant death/double fault), svchost.exe, code/memory corruption

8. 0x24, Ntfs.sys

9. 0x3B, explorer.exe, memory corruption

10. 0x7f (instant death/double fault), firefox.exe, code/memory corruption

11. 0x50, dllhost.exe, memory corruption

12. 0x50, mswinext.exe / ntkrnlmp.exe, memory error.

Given the fact that most errors points towards memory issues, I would suggest you to memtest on your computer.

Run memtest for atleast 8 passes (more are better) in current state, that is with all RAM modules installed. Incase, memtest finds errors, you will need to isolate the troubling RAM modules and run memtest as suggested above on each module individually.

Please keep things updated here, and let me know if you need further assistance. Regards

Thank You

Thanks for your reply....I will run the mem test for 8 passes and if it gives me errors, then I have to get new ram because you cannot fix faulty ram correct? Thanks for running those tests. I will post here for an update. Whats the difference between memtest and memtest86? Thanks and have a great day. Finally seeing the light.....So I can enjoy my new pc all over again. Thanks again

If your RAM is still under warranty (and in case there are errors to be found in it) you should send it for replacement with newer modules.

Frankly, there is not much difference between the two, however, I guess memtest86 was the original one to start with that is why some people probably prefer it; although it hasn't been updated in over a year now. Regards

Thanks

Thanks Archean for the reply. Just got to the office where my computer with the problem is. I will do the memory test right now and give the company a call to see if they can send some replacements. Just a bummer a brand new computer just two weeks into it and faulty memory. If I do the test and dont get any errors, should I just get the new memory anyways, and what else should I look into? Take care and have a great day...Will update when I finish...

Some times even running memtest wouldn't find the faulting module(s).

However, before going that far, also ensure that your RAM module's timing & voltage is set according to its specifications. Please do keep things updated. Regards

Thanks

So will that be in the BIOS settings to make sure that memory voltage and timings are set to defaults. I haven't overclocked it or did anything in terms of bumping up voltage to memory. However, there is software installed that you can overclock pc with a few clicks. I haven't done that but it is on default settings. It is Easy Tune and Smart 6 software that is installed already when I got the pc. Should I uninstall the software? So far nothing with memtest. I left the computer on running overnight while Norton 360 was checking for viruses and came in this morning and got the blue screen Memory_Management 0x0000001a. Should I uninstall Norton as well? Thans a bunch and will keep scanning.....

Yes these settings are located in BIOS, I am not really familiar with Easy Tune etc. but as they OC related utilities do have a look through it as well to see whether it is doing something unwanted.

Secondly, Norton IMHO is a worthless piece of garbage. I'd rather get rid of it if it were to be on any of my PC's (well that's the first thing I did when I bought this HP notebook ;)). You may choose to have a look at either Avira or Avast, they are pretty good and free (more importantly).

Thanks for the reply...Didn't find no errors on ram. I called where I got the computer from so I can get new ram shipped to me and they said it was the video card which they seemed not to know what was going on. He didn't want the codes from the blue screen and kept putting me on hold to ask other people questions on what I learned from you and the gurus here at TechSpot. SO they said it was video card related not ram. I still said that the blue screen codes that was decoded by you pointed more towards the ram and they agreed. Got the ticket drawn up and got a RMA and will ship them both to them. Now its the waiting game I guess...Thanks so much for your time and help...Will keep you posted when I get the parts back. I will check out Avira or Avast. I will uninstall Norton. Thanks again

hello opster81, yea I'm still waiting for my video card and memory to get back to me. They should be in maybe Monday or Tuesday. I will post when they get to me... :D

Thanks

Thanks Archean for you time with my issue. I finally got my parts in yesterday..Gee snail mail. They messed up my order the first time. They gave me a new video card and memory. Swapped both of them out and so far so good no blue screens. Left if running all night scanning which before will pop up the error. But when checked the screen the next day, it was good to see my wallpaper and no blue screen. Thanks for all the help and everyone at TechSpot.

That is a wonderful news, goodluck with your PC and I hope it will remain stable from now onwards. Regards :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back