Help with Asus dvd drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BMfan

i just bought a asus 20*optical drive and my pc keeps setting it to pio mode 4 not DMA,i have tried the latest drivers and different sata sockets and cables but it won't stay in dma,it does if i change my harddrives to pio mode but then my PC is slow.i tried everything in the bios aswell.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Go to the controller that it is connected to in the Device Manager. Uninstall the controller, reboot and let Windows find the "new" hardware and automatically reinstall the controller. Check to see if it is reset to DMA transfer mode.

sata ,it takes about 40 minutes to copy 12 avi files to my harddrive from a disc at a size of 4.10 gig's which is way to slow.

hi guys,
I have ASUS DRW-1814BLT dvd writer and installed Nero 7 version. Whenever I am burning any DVD, the entire process goes (simulation is successful) but at the end it says burning failed. If i try to read the dvd, the comp usually hangs or slows down but it will not be read ! I have to close it down using task manager or restart the comp.

Please help

philonthrope,
try replacing the drive. It does not have to be Asus. Any combo writer will do

BMfan, you might check the Asus website for a firmware update for the optical drive.

I have tried a liteon sata drive same thing but when i use my old sony ide its normal P.S have the latest firmware aswell and the latest bios for my board.

Just to touch this base, I know you said you tried the latest drivers but let me ask anyway. Did you install the SATA/RAID controller driver for you motherboard and is SATA enabled in the BIOS?

yes and yes-looks like i need to get a motherboard with 6 sata's or get rid of 1 of my harddrives just to run dma.

Finally i got udma, i ran a esata cable from my optical to my esata connection on the back of my board while keeping my drive in my chassis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back