Help with Building

Motherboard: Asus H81M-Plus
Power Supply: ATX A-750BR
RAM: 2GB DDR3-PC3-10600R
Graphics Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 460 4GB
Processor: Intel Pentium G3250 3.2GHz

Having connected it all up I am getting a Beeeeeep Beep Beep. Having researched this it seems to be a video card related issue.
Can somebody help me out?

Is the beep code: 1 long 2 short beeps or 1 long 3 short beeps.

What PCIe slot do you have it in? Is it fully seated? Do you have the extra 6 pin PCIe VGA cable from PSU connecting to the GPU? Have you disabled the onboard GPU (Intel HD graphics) in the BIOS? Have you set the PCIe slot to enable so that it recognizes the GPU?

It could also be your RAM. What slots to you have your RAM in? Is it the right/correct RAM? Is the RAM the right voltage? How many RAM sticks do you have installed? Is the RAM fully seated/locked in? From your mobo manually it's unclear if you need 1 or both sockets filled. If you only have just the 1 stick of 2 GB RAM....I would change that to 2 x 4GB RAM sticks.

Thanks for the fast response, its 1 long and 2 short.
I have 2x4GB sticks and have tried them both inserted, I have also tried using the 1 each of the slots.

Do you have access to a known good GPU to substitute for testing purposes?

Not yet. Not until you are reasonably certain the graphics card is faulty. It sounds like this is a new build. Is the graphics card still under warranty? If so and the card turns out to be faulty, I would RMA it and get it fixed or replaced for free except for shipping maybe.

You may still have a warranty from the manufacturer. That's actually the warranty I was referring to not necessarily from the seller.

Back