Help with dappled printouts (HP LaserJet P2015dn)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan123

Dear all,

I've been having a problem with my laser printer recently and would gratefully appreciate any helpful suggestions. The printer is a HP LaserJet P2015dn. The problem is that it has begun to produce generally dappled printouts. That is, it prints out the document as commanded, but the portions of the page that ought to be white are dotted all over. This began after I removed a jammed paper sheet from the printer. What could be the causes of the problem? Is there any way to fix it without replacing the toner cartridge?

Thanks again in advance,
Nathan

You need to replace the heating element. Common problem in HP laser printers as they wear out.

Is this really a plausible explanation of the problem? After all, the problems occurred immediately after I had to pull a sheet of paper out of the printer. I think I'll go and try exchanging the toner cartridge first. Heating elements are a bit more costly, I suppose...

God luck with that printer. We had one here at work and it just gave out and I didn't bother repairing. The parts were too expensive. That model is a lemon sorry to say. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back