Help with graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, im very sorry if this is in the wrong board w/e in advance, im a noob to this sight...

I downloaded PC wizard 2008 to find out what graphics card i have, it says i have
SiS650/1/GL/GX,740 GUI 2D/3D Accelerator

but i want to know how to find drivers to update this card, as it will not work for a new graphics update to a game i play.

The specs needed for the game are
* 1.5 GHz processor or higher
* 256MB of RAM or more
* 64MB 3D Graphics card, such as Nvidia(R) GeForce(TM) 3 or above
* Sun Java 1.4 or higher

Im running on Windows XP and i have all the specs needed apart from the graphics card... Im pretty dumb when it comes to stuff like this, but ive run dxdiag and its come up with "vga.dll" as my driver and under the device section it says "n/a" for all of the sections

Please help, and if you need anymore information, ask.

THANKS!

do you have PCI AGP or PCI-Express

and what kind of games do you like to play ???
And you pricerange that graphics card is onboard and it sucks check me if im wrong
SO give me pricerange and what games you like to play>>>?

My guess would be AGP but it could be regular PCI I suppose, the system specs for that game are pretty low. If you're not looking for a real high-end card and aren't looking to spend a ton of money, a GeForce 5 or 6 series might be the way to go... if you can find one. I know that a lot of retail stores, such as Staples and Circuit City, still carry dated video cards so I might look into that. You're looking at no more than $100 or maybe even $80 for a nVidia 6 series. You'll be able to run that game perfectly and have some video memory to spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back