Help with my new comp and what I can run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim_tank

Hi guys im new to this site and looking for some info on this new comp I bought.

It is currently shipping to my house and it'll be here in about 1-2 days.. Here are some specs on it and I'm just wondering will I be able to run Counter Strike: Source with decent game play and about maybe 40-50 FPS?

Processor: 2.4 Ghz AMD Athlon 64 4000+
RAM: 1GB DDR2
Hard Drive: 160GB SATA 7200 RPM
Video Card: ATI X1200 (up to 256 autoshared).

Those are the main stats on it. I wanna know if I can run CS:S decently?

Give me any advice on how to make it better, but i basically want to know if i can run it :D

My 2 cents says I highly doubt it. Internet, playing DVDs, CDs and ordinary office applications like Word would be ok but not modern gaming. IMO.

wow mailpup, beat me to it, was still logging in. No, you probably wwon't be able to run it that great. If you wantted to play it on low, maybe, but on high you'd want a better Gfx card.

updated..i am going to have 2 GB RAM in it, and it has a dual core processor. I am looking to run it with either medium or low setting most likely..u think ill be able to get atleast 40-50 fps on med or low settings?

p.s the shared mem for video card is 378 not 256 sorry.. if that makes a diff

I based my opinion on the integrated graphics processor. I doubt it will give you a "decent" fps.

Ok good, you may be able to.

This thread is making me want to test that out. My aunt has one just like it. If it ever has any problems I'll install a CS:S version without Steam to test FPS.

hmm so i got my computer today, its friggin sweet, i can run counter strike source with max graphics on everything with 80FPS average, i think its cuz i have about 600 or so MB or RAM dedicated to the video chip.. But yeah it runs everything on max settings at 70-90 FPS all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back