Help with my virus removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Julio,

This is my first post, well more of a question. I followed all your steps in regards to virus and malware removal, and I need to know how you can look through my logs and Hijackthis log. How do I attach them?

The problem that I was having was that my computer, when it was attached to my tv throught the HDMI cable, started to disconnect ( it happened multiple times)and when I disattached the HDMI cable, my computer screen was black. So, I tried Function and f4 with no help. I could not get my screen to show anything after multiple tries. I manually shut down the computer a couple times after reboot and started in safe mode, but it seemed that my computer was still not running correctly. I then ran a virus check with OneCare, with no viruses. Then I ran a scan with Spybot S+D, and it came up with 17 things. I could only remove 16 of them. The one I could not remove said PUPS under it and it was a program called Free offers from Freeze.com, so I removed that with CCleaner. The executable file with this program, that was running in my processes was critical system file for Vista, ( I can remember the executable files name), but I googled it and all the links said that it was a necessary file for Vista, but it also could be a trojan, or Wolf 16.

Help please.

I just found the executable files name. It is winit.exe

Julio may be busy so I will help you!

Check the spelling on that file winit.exe if it is winnt it is a legit file. If you are running Vista and it is winint it is legit.

If it is in fact winit.exe then you are correct you do have Malware.

For those of us who fix these things knowing what you had can be very important in finishing the cleanup.

If you have run all those programs then attach the logs back.

In MBAM click Logs and post them all!

In SAS click Preferences-Statistics/Logs and attach all logs back.

Mike

mflynn,

It appears that winit.exe is no longer running in my system processes. But wininit.exe is, not winint.exe, like you posted. Is Wininit.exe? Also, what about MsMpEng.exe?

For some reason HiJackthis would not save a log of scan. I clicked scan and save log, but nothing appeared in the notepad after the scan, so there is nothing to save. How can I get that log? How do I get the scan from the Superantispyware scan?

I had to run as admin. I attached the log

Can an admin or someone help me with my logs and check if everything is alright?

Thanks

-> No action taken on MBAM scan, for found issues
Download and Run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. <========= Not Done

Please re-run Malwarebytes
Confirm updated (third tab)
Then do the above quoted message, but this time "Remove all found issues"

By the way, you will need to then restart, and run (and attach) a new HJT log. You need to follow the guide exactly - posting all 3 logs

Also stop replying to yourself.
Use EDIT located on the bottom right of your posts, to add any further info to your recent post, if that post is still the last post in the thread

Unsure how to find the saved logs

Maybe I am retarded, but I ran new scans with Malware and Hijackthis, and I saw the logs after the scans were done and it says within the logs that they are saved logs. Now I try to go find them where they should be, but no files. Is there any other place that they may have gone? If so, how do I find them to attach them to a post.

Dave

From post #2
In MBAM click Logs and post them all!

In SAS click Preferences-Statistics/Logs and attach all logs back.

Also reread Kim's post #6 and redo the scans as you did not clean when you ran but just exited.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back