Help with network connection of Red Alert 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a home network with several pc's, I am trying to play Red Alert 3 on 2 of them but when I try to start a game a message appears that my "executable version does not match the host". As I stated there are two pc's, they both have copies of red alert 3. I can see the other computer on mine but I cannot start a game. What am I doing wrong???

Sam

Do you have your game patched up to the same version as the server you are trying to play on?

And welcome to techspot! :)

Red Alert 3

Thank you for answering fimbles! Both games are patched to the latest release. The only difference that I "just thought about" is that one machine has windows xp professional and the other has vista. Could that be it???

Sam

That should not be an issue.

Is there an anti cheat software like punkbuster on that game? This too may need to be updated.. Graphics card drivers.. And direct x. And sadly im running out of ideas sorry :)

If the above steps dont help. I would say a wipe and fresh install on both machines may help. Ensure the patch's are identical.

Got it!

Your a genius pal!!! I did some windows updates on the XP version and there it is. I am now playing! Don't know why the executable deal was coming up, but who cares it's fixed. :grinthumb

Thank you,
Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back