Help with PC upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesqin

Hi guys,
I recently gain acces to "new" PC and decided to play some new games on it. The PC, however is certainly not up-to-date and therefore I'm forced to usualy lower my details and everything. To cut it short, I decided to tune it up a little, but I don't know where to begin and thought that maybe somebody here could give me a hand since I don't know much about it
(if I write this in wrong section of this forum please redirect me, thanks)

here are my specs:
- ASUS M3A78 PRO motherboard with integrated graphic card (lower)
- AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ 2,91 GHz
- 1,75 GB RAM
- ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

I first thought that I would just try to boost RAM a bit, cause thats obviously the easiest way, and, I think, the cheapest as well. The problem is, that when I was browsing the internet to find out more about my motherboard (I was kinda shocked when I couldn't find my graphic card :)) I came across this:

4 x DIMM, Max. 8 GB, DDR2 1066/800/667 ECC,Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel memory architecture
*Due to AMD CPU limitation, DDR2 1066 is supported by AM2+ CPU for one DIMM per channel only.
**Please refer to ASUS homepage or user manual for Memory QVL(Quality Vender List).
***When installing total memory of 4GB capacity or more, Windows® 32-bit operation system may only recognize less than 3GB. Hence, a total installed memory of less than 3GB is recommended.
Expansion Slots

does that mean that I shouldn't upgrade RAM ?
anyway, I would be thankful for every advice you can give, like what part should I upgrade, or even what type/model would you suggest for this.
thanks

If you're using any 32 Bit OS, 2GB of RAM is fine and anything more is usually not utilised. So, consider upgrading your RAM depending on the OS you use. However, more memory is always good. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back