Help With Processor Upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chamillitarysk8

I have a Biostar M7VIG PRO mobo and want to know if I can put a amd athlon (barton core) 3200+ processor on it( as in will it work) and if not whats a good not too expensive board that it will work with

Nope, won't work.

Honestly, you probably won't find a particularly cheap one and if you do, be careful of it if it's on Ebay or not being sold by a reputable source.

shouldn't a athlon 2800+ work as long as its got a 266 mhz FSB?

An Athlon XP 2600+ would, I wouldn't expect a 2800+ to work with an FSB of 266MHz or otherwise. The clock frequency of the CPU's core is going to be unsupported.

the clock frequency is the exact same Athlon XP 2800+ 2133 MHz AXDA2800DKV4C and Athlon XP 2600+ 2000 MHz AXDA2600DKV4C thats barton cores but the amd athlon xp (thorton core) 2600+ is the same frequency as the athlon xp 2800+ (Barton core) the thorton core 2600+ is "faster" then the barton core 2600+

Heh, man I'm not going to argue with you. I couldn't care less if you put it in the machine. You asked for an opinion of whether or not it'd work. I'm telling you according to your motherboard's page, it won't, so, I wouldn't expect it to. If you feel so strongly about it, why ask? Go for it...

Assuming that you are in the US, and the site I posted is regarding the US version of the board, I'd go with that. If you want to know for sure, contact Biostar.

There very well may not be multiple versions of the motherboard. I'm just saying if I were going to base my CPU purchase on the information provided by the companies website, and there were two company websites, one foreign and one not, I'd buy according to the non-foreign one.

However, nobody is perfect, including Biostar. There very well may be an error on their site. Contact them for confirmation on the motherboard's specifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back