Help with resource hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaXtor

Hi,
I started using Windows 7 Firewall Control on my laptop. It works fine, the only problem I have is that I don't like the systray icon. I'd like to replace it with something that fits in with Windows 7.

Here's what the regular Windows 7 Firewall Control icon looks like:
defaultfirewallicon.png

Here is what I'd like it to look like:
firewalliconwithothers.png

I tried using Resource Hacker on both executables in the installation directory (there are no other executables or dlls or anything). Neither of them seem to have any resources. I also tried using Process Monitor to figure out where it is reading it's resources from, unfortunately there was too much to look at and I wasn't able to figure it out.

Anyone who has experience with this sort of thing want to lend me a hand?

I'd think Reasource hacker would simply be able to find and replace the images, but i disabled my firewall, and I have no idea where it is, so if you could give me a path, i'll try.

Not if the application was compiled without the resources, meaning it reads it's resources from a separate dll or something.

Do you have Windows 7 Firewall Control installed on your computer? It's location is usually: C:\Program Files\Windows7FirewallControl

This thread can be closed, I didn't realize Resource Hacker didn't support 64bit applications (the thought never crossed my mind).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back