Help with sagipsul virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgarmon

I have just done the 8 steps and have sent the logs. The pop ups have stopped. Please check the logs to make sure I got everything. Thank you for your help

Attachments

• mbam-log-2009-01-02 (15-41-14).txt
    16.2 KB · Views: 5
HJT scan. Tick & fix. Restart computer.
Code:
O2 - BHO: UberButton Class - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll (file missing)  >> broken
O2 - BHO: YahooTaggedBM Class - {65D886A2-7CA7-479B-BB95-14D1EFB7946A} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\YIeTagBm.dll (file missing)  >> broken
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file) >> broken (MS money)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MyWebSearch Email Plugin] C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~2\bar\2.bin\mwsoemon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [My Web Search Bar Search Scope Monitor] "C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~2\bar\2.bin\m3SrchMn.exe" /m=0

Uninstall programs / delete files / delete folders
C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~2

Code:
Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\senekafvkkyvbe.dll (Trojan.Seneka) -> Delete on reboot.

HJT scan >> computer restarted?  Probably not.
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: nydjht.dll
MBAB did not handle all that it found until the computer restart.

Rescan with MBAB & SAS (run as pairs) until clean or something that cannot be cleaned.

HJT scan informs what has not been handled (computer restart before HJT scan)

removal

an HJT only the 04-hklm showed up removed them , restarted computer deleted files and folders for program mywebs. Ran MBAB & SAS twice now clean. restarted computer and ran HJT. This is a log of the final HJT ran Do I need to remove the 02 files from the previous log since they are still there?

Reference >> O20 - AppInit_DLLs: nydjht.dll qhjqrb.dll
Verify both files are gone. It takes a week or so for tool developers to clean up this reference.

C:\windows\system32\nydjht.dll
C:\windows\system32\qhjqrb.dll

The next time you update / repair / remove Yahoo tools will take care of remaining O2 items. It does not cause problems. Otherwise, Safe mode may be needed if the tick/fix did not work in normal mode.

Establish a new clean restore point and Clear your existing System Restore points:
  • New
    • Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore>
    • Select Create a restore point> OK.
  • Clear Old
    • go to Start > Run > cleanmgr > Select the More options tab >
    • Choose the option to clean up System Restore > OK

• This will remove all restore points except the new one you just created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back