Here is my final build EXCEPT...

Route44

...I need two pieces of hardware: The video card and (possibly) an SSD. Thus I come here to my fellow TechSpoters for advice. I will be gaming but more along the lines of Skyrim, Dragon Age, etc. along with the usually MS Office work, etc.

The new cpu is an i5-3570K and the motherboard is a Gigabyte z77X-UD3H with 8 gigs of Crucial Ballistix 1600 RAM. Micro Center had this fantastic combo deal whereby I saved $120 over NewEgg for the exact same products.

I'd like to keep the price of the video card between $200 to $275 but would consider a little higher. My monitor's highest resolution is 1980x1020. My power supply is a Corsair TX750.

As for the SSD I haven't clue. It isn't an area I have kept up with though since I saved $120 from my budget I figured why not look into one for my OS. I also know I'll need some kind of bracket and cable. The GB size I figured could run anywhere from 64 to 120 Gigs.

* If you need anymore information let me know. Thanks. :)

The SSD is probably a fairly easy choice with toggle NAND now moving down in price The SanDisk Extreme SSD ($125 -you'll definitely want the new firmware for the drive- uses the SandForce SS-2281 controller, and is the same combination (albeit with different flash IC's) as used in the Mushkin Chronus Deluxe ( $195 w/ 3.5" adapter), Patriot Wildfire ($225), Corsair Performance Pro ($200) and OCZ Max IOPS ($200 after MIR). You could drop down to synchronous NAND, but even the relatively cheap Crucial M4 (Marvell 88S9174 controller) is more expensive at $150 (cheaper to buy direct from Crucial; $125 for the bare drive, $130 w/ bracket, $137 with cloning software and adapter).
3.5" to 2.5" adapter bracket $6
...and your mobo should have a SATA 6Gb cable in its accessories, if you're using them then grab another here for ~$3-4

Graphics...Asus DirectCU GTX 560Ti TOP ($200 after MIR), or Gigabyte HD 6950 OC for $240 probably represent the best value. There's presently a huge pricing hole in the upper mainstream segment, and I doubt that will be filled until the GTX 660 arrives.

Thanks for the response Z. It is much appreciated. I went with the 6950 but New Egg had a great deal on a Samsung 830 128 gig SSD that I just couldn't resist. :)

That's a nice SSD too, IMO if it was a deal that's great.

I'm always amazed by how you people can find so many deals seemingly without effort (but I'm sure it takes some time and dedication).

Good choice on the SSD -the 830 uses toggle NAND as well with Samsung's own controller. Probably the least problematic SSD in the market at the moment by all accounts. I didn't think to check pricing as the 830 is a new and popular choice- didn't really expect a competitive price (it's about 50% more expensive than the Crusial M4 here)

The Samsung drive is really nice but it's also not cheap here either., it's one of the more expensive ones actually. Were'd you get it? An SSD is really the only upgrade I'd look at.

Hey guys. I got the SSD from NewEgg.com And you are correct hk it takes time and dedication. I keep researching until I figure I found the best deals I can find with quality. Micro Center is essentially a brick and mortar chain that happened to be in the area I was staying while on business and when I saw the great deal on the motherboard and processor combo I had to stop by on my way home. :D

Back