Here's a quick look at gameplay footage from the 'Doom' reboot

Shawn Knight

Staff member

One of the most anticipated gameplay reveals in years is slated to take place at E3 next month. In the meantime, developer id Software and publisher Bethesda have released a teaser trailer showing the first tidbit of gameplay footage from its Doom remake.

“Tidbit” is an appropriate term in this case considering the teaser features roughly three seconds of actual in-game footage.

doom bethesda e3 found

What you’re seeing in the clip is a familiar foe known as a Revenant. This monster first appeared in Doom II: Hell on Earth in 1994 and again in a refined manner in 2004’s Doom 3. As you can see, the Revenant (and graphics in general) have come a very long way.

Permalink to story.

Oh baby! Doom is still my fav and were getting a new edition .... time to start making space on the old hard drive .... LOL

I haven't picked up a new FPS in a while (years actually), so if anything I've got to keep an eye out for the new Doom.

Just started playing doom again, after years absence. Brutal doom is hilarious! The blood dripping, flame em and they run around on fire...just cracks me up.

Sweet... we'll see if it is any good. Not sure if this genra will still be popular but as a classic gamer I'm always interested. I'm hoping it will pretty much be VR ready, but who knows now that Carmack is out.

Back