Here's what Grand Theft Auto 5 looks like on the PlayStation 3 versus the PS4

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Grand Theft Auto 5’s next generation console debut is just around the corner – November 18, to be exact – and if you’re wondering whether or not the title is worth your hard-earned money (especially if you already have it for the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3), a new teaser clip from Rockstar may help you decide.

The video compares the visuals in GTA V on the PlayStation 3 with those of the PlayStation 4 version. As you’ll no doubt see, the newer console’s graphics are far superior to its dated predecessor. If you have an affinity for eye candy and detail, the PS4 version certainly delivers.

Personally, I’m interested in seeing how the PC version looks with the graphics cranked all the way to 11 on a capable system.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

I wonder if they will do a similar version for the PC release. Im much more interested in what changes or additions to the games mechanics. The last-gen version had very poor AI in some aspects and an incredibly lack-luster, malfunctioning and stale online component.

Yeah the ports aren't usually great, I remember seeing all the mods and thinking why didn't Rockstar get cars looking this polished and shiny, or add that tiny file that makes the gfx look all high textured.
It does look a little better compared to PS3. But most of the woo was extra vegetation in the Desert and that is not really woo is it ?

Looks like GTA V will seem like a new game with the FP mode. great shout by Rockstar to add extra rather than just a general upgrade

Back