Herman Miller and Logitech launch $1,500 gaming chair

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In brief: This gaming variant of Herman Miller's Embody chair features an additional layer of foam in the seat to support a more active posture. There are also multiple provisions for supporting your spine while sitting and distributing weight evenly for pressure relief, which can help improve blood flow to and from lower limbs. The foam in the seat is also infused with copper to help reduce heat buildup while gaming.

Logitech earlier this year announced a partnership with American furniture maker Herman Miller that promised to blend the “science of play” with the “science of sitting” to create “advanced solutions for gamers.” Now we’re finally getting to see the fruits of their labor.

The Embody Gaming Chair is an enhanced version of Herman Miller’s original Embody Chair, which was designed using the input of more than 30 physicians and PhDs in the fields of physical therapy, ergonomics, vision and biomechanics.

Users will additionally find numerous points to fine-tune the chair for a custom fit including adjustable seat depth and height, adjustable arm height and width and a BackFit knob to alter spinal curvature.

Also worth noting is that there is no assembly required and each chair comes backed by a 12-year warranty so there shouldn’t be any need to replace it every couple of years.

Full details and specifications on the gaming chair can be found over on Herman Miller’s website. That’s also where you can place your order in exchange for $1,495. Sure, that's more than the total cost of a respectable gaming PC but if you've got the funds to spare and are in the market for a piece of high-end gaming furniture, it could be worth a look.

Permalink to story.

Sounds like Herman-Miller's office furniture isn't selling too well. Back in the day they went head to head with SteelCraft and could always beat them on price but I imagine hard times are on all of these industries now ....

Sounds like Herman-Miller's office furniture isn't selling too well. Back in the day they went head to head with SteelCraft and could always beat them on price but I imagine hard times are on all of these industries now ....

Well you can get an Aeron knockoff for about $350 nowadays that's just as good from OfficeDepot so I'd imagine so. Same 12 year warranty as well.

I mean...if you're in the market for a "gaming" chair and also enjoy Logitech products I don't see a reason to not give it a go. I've never tried nor owned a Herman Miller and I'm a pretty loyal Logitech guy so I find this intriguing. If you're in the market for a Herman Miller a couple hundred dollars isn't going to mean anything to you regardless.

They’re NOT as good... what’s debatable is whether they are $1000 worse...

I've compared them side to side and it seems to me the chinese have gotten awfully good at copying. The only difference I noticed was the steel screws used were not as high quality.

I've compared them side to side and it seems to me the chinese have gotten awfully good at copying. The only difference I noticed was the steel screws used were not as high quality.
You can only really tell by sitting in one for several days.... My mother has an Aeron (I use the Teknion Contessa), and she really noticed the difference when "upgrading" from an Aeron knockoff... as did I when I went with the Contessa...

Paying extra does matter - as for the specific model, it depends on your body type... I suffer from a chronic back condition and find the lumbar support from the Contessa a bit better than the Aeron - but to each their own.

My wife, on the other hand continues to use a knockoff... and while she likes it, I find I just can't stand it...

I love my DX Racer drift series chair. Cost ten times more than I would normally spend on a chair. But the back is a bit ugly. Should I spend ten times that price on this? Not unless I win the lottery.

In the meanwhile I paid $90 for my gaming chair, lol ...
I know they are not in the same league, but c’mon $1400 is an huge difference. Is my chair “$1400” worse ?

Last edited:
Not going to be replacing my current Herman Miller Aeron I’m afraid. I used to have a knock off. If you think they compare then you haven’t sat in both.

Before I got myself a Steelcase Gesture I did some math on my "gamer chair" spendings.

If the Gesture I bought for ~$900 lasts me for 9 years (10 year warranty) I'm actually saving money compared to replacing the racer seats I had.

To me it's also much more comfortable to the usual pillow-ridden seats you get.

Another thing is, I spend a lot of time on that chair and a healthy back is worth way more than the money I spent on the chair.

Could I do with less? Absolutely, the Ikea Markus is a pretty decent chair for $100-200.

I think this one is a bit overpriced though, you can do just fine with a regular Herman Miller or similar.

I'm not trying to convert anyone really as I don't care about your backs but I really recommend that everyone that spends more than 2 hours on a office chair go to a local retailer and test one of the "good" chairs.

$1500 no thanks.

If you have a medical condition and the doctor is telling you to get a better chair I'm sure you can do better than this.

In the meanwhile I paid $90 for my gaming chair, lol ...
I know they are not in the same league, but c’mon $1400 is an huge difference. Is my chair “$1400” worse ?
To someone over the age of 22, when you finally start actually feeling your back? Yes. Yes it is.

$1500 no thanks.

If you have a medical condition and the doctor is telling you to get a better chair I'm sure you can do better than this.
Probably not, actually. Its the Embody chair with some special foam slapped on it. Now, I wouldn't be surprised is the 'vanilla' Embody chair is just as good, or slightly better, for less money, but that is about as good as you can get for your back.

I went through a few 'as good as Herman Miller' chairs before biting the bullet and buying an Aeron. Would never buy anything else now - although it seems indestructible too, so I'm not sure I will need to.

I’m 48, but I don’t think the difference is so huge.
I’m not saying they are the same quality, but the price difference is just too much.
The difference becomes increasingly noticeable the longer you spend in the chair. I recently replaced a £100 ‘computing’ chair from Staples with a £900 BMA Ergonomics Axia 2.4, and I can spend all day, working away, with no back ache, shoulder strain, or numb legs - problems that were a frequent issue with the cheap chair. I was convinced the price wouldn’t be worth it but I would that money again without hesitation. Naturally, the price of this new article’s item is going to be somewhat inflated thanks to the use of 2 key brand names, but exactly how much so, I don’t think is easy to tell without a protracted test of it.

The difference becomes increasingly noticeable the longer you spend in the chair. I recently replaced a £100 ‘computing’ chair from Staples with a £900 BMA Ergonomics Axia 2.4, and I can spend all day, working away, with no back ache, shoulder strain, or numb legs - problems that were a frequent issue with the cheap chair. I was convinced the price wouldn’t be worth it but I would that money again without hesitation. Naturally, the price of this new article’s item is going to be somewhat inflated thanks to the use of 2 key brand names, but exactly how much so, I don’t think is easy to tell without a protracted test of it.
I believe you. Maybe it is just a psychological barrier stopping me from spending such an amount of money for a chair (and I already waste a lot of money in many things lol).

I got a used Stealcase Leap V.2 for $300 during the pandemic, I swear it improved my posture. It was like going to a chiropractor, it makes it uncomfortable not to sit properly.

I've had an Aeron chair for over a decade. I think I've gotten my money's worth out of it.

If you sit a lot in front of a computer and have the cash - why not treat yourself? Bottom line is that you should still be getting up to move around a bit, and exercise regularly so you don't become a irl mancubus without the arm cannons.

Back