Hidden Viruses. Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesW

Recently my computer has significantly slowed down, and I know my computer has hidden viruses. My browser (firefox) is particularly slow, and often times I get auto re-routed to ask.com search page. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Side Note: I run Avast! Anti Virus and Comodo Firewall
--Hijackthis log is attached

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    8.8 KB · Views: 2
alright sounds great. I ran the 8 steps last year, but unfortunately my computer has gotten more viruses since. I will dl and run malwarebytes/superantispyware and post the logs soon. thank you for the quick response

SuperAntiSpyware did not detect any problems, but Malwarebytes did detect two. Attached are the SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes logs. Thanks for helping

Attachments

• Malwarebytes Log.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 2
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.txt
    465 bytes · Views: 2
Okay James,
the Ask Toolbar is raising flags... see if you can remove all ASK things in add and remove programs... What viruses are you detecting? Windows Updates probably has updates waiting for you. Things like IE8 and other critical updates need to be installed for added security

Alright, I removed the ask.com toolbar from add and remove programs, and so far I have not been rerouted to the ask.com search page since. I also did a windows update, but no major things were changed. I still feel as though my computer (particularly firefox/browser) is unusually slow. Any other suggestions? Thanks so much, I really appreciate it.

Good work James,
there are things we can do to speed up your system, but we need to make sure that no virus or malware is also active...
There are things we can deactivate or remove in the hijackthis log that will speed up a computer too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back