Hijackthis Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

This is my first post here, was told that I could post a Hijackthis log and someone with infinately more intelligence than I can look over them.

I have tried to follow the instructions read as best I can.

This is my girlfriends computer and recently has started running extremely slowly.

Dell 6000 running Windows XP (service pack 3)

I have run avg and found a trojan virus (I cannot remember the name). I deleted these files (5 copies of the same virus and ran ATF Cleaner before rebooting. It seemed clean after running avg again.

I have also run adaware and only found normal looking cookies which have been deleted. After each step I reran avg and then reran adaware after rebooting.

This is the limt of my knowing what to do for such things.

Please help and if I have done something wrong please feel free to point me in the right direction.

pirate mike

8 Step plan complete

Hi all,

I have gone through the whole process and have posted your needed logs.

I have left out the Superantispyware log as it only contained 23 cookies.
mbam found:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\serauth1.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Hope this gets us moving in the right direction.

Enclosed Logs:

* Hijackthis - froma few minutes ago
* Mbam log

Thanks in advance

Pirate Mike

You have AVG Version 7 (old) and McAfee AntiVirus installed at the same time!

I would suggest to un-install AVG7 from Add\Remove Programs

Or Un-Install both Antivirus Softwares, plus Ad-Aware, plus SUPERAntiSpyware.

Then try Free Antivirus like Avast or Avira

And then update and run a full scan

I'd say you would be ok then :)

Think we are doing better

Hi Thanks for your help.

I have both anti virus software installed but they are doing different tasks. The Avg is acting as the anto virus while McAfee is the firewall. Main reason for this is that I can't find any way of uninstalling the McAfee software.

I have run the scans for each of the scanner several times and it all seems clear now with the computer running faster.

Thank you for this help.

Should I still get rid of the McAffee - if so, do you have any ideas on how I can do this. if i do this, I will only need firewall software ...Am i looking at this the right way?

Pirate Mike

Well what I do is download and re-install the corrupted package (if it is not found in Add\Remove Programs list in Control Panel)

Then un-install it again :)

As for another one
Please try without for a couple of days
But if you absolutely must have one, then ZoneAlarm seems to be the favorite

Firewalls

Windows firewall is not bad for a stop-gap measure. I tested it on GRC firewall tester and it came up with 100% block with no response to pings. A link to this site is here.

If you choose to run the test, when you open the web page, click on "Shields Up" in the centre of the page.

In the new page that opens scroll down to "Hot Spots" and click on "Shields Up".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back